Six months ago, I asked for the speeding issues in Honeypot Lane and London Road to be brought to committee. It’s quite clear that neither the 20mph zone in the former or the 30mph zone in the latter are working.
So, after talking to a resident about the issue by email today, I have tried again. This is my email to the members requests system:
About six months ago, I asked for this issue to go on the agenda. Can this be put on the next agenda, as well as London Road speeding, for a discussion on:
- the success of the 20mph speed limit in Hneypot Lane which is certainly not working.
- what measures, I am suggesting speed humps, could be installed.
- results of a speed survey in London Road.
- whether the provision of a speed camera is allowed
- whether a further VAS sign could be installed where I originally requested it, at the junction of Kavanaghs/London/Honeypot.
It would be interesting to hear from the police at this meeting too.
Read more about our speeding campaigns here.